These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Artnet Stopped Working

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
rikmixrox
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Artnet Stopped Working

Post by rikmixrox »

I have been using artnet for almost a year now with my laptop to send DMX signal Wi-Fi into the Enttec box at a venue. I had uDMX set up on Universe 1, and artnet enabled on Universe 2 with the Box checked for Mirror.

Had to use the laptop at a different venue, to set up a light show. After getting everything working with the dongle, I went for artnet connect and it failed. I was successful and getting the system up and running through the iPad.

I return back to my normal venue, and try to connect back to the system that I've been running all along, and it did not work. However I can connect with the iPad there as well and all works fine. I am logging into the router with the same address as I have always been. Something has changed. I tried every possible IP configuration, subnet configuration, but it seems that it's just not sending artnet info. Don't know what changed, or if there's some kind of hidden config file that I need to look for. Does anyone have any ideas? I should be able to just login to the router, select the IP from the pull-down in freestyler setup, default subnet, and go.

Does anyone have any ideas why I have gotten locked out from being able to use the artnet over Wi-Fi?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”