These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

React to Sound Multiplier/Divider possible ?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
PhantomDj
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

React to Sound Multiplier/Divider possible ?

Post by PhantomDj »

Here's my case:
I can send the beats of my music to Fresstyler via MIDI in perfect timing.
I can send the beats at any "rate" I want/need. Eg: Every beat, every 2 beats, every 4 beats, every half beat e.t.c.

However:
I have different sequences running at the same time that require different react to sound rate.
E.G.: I have some intensity/shutter effects that require to react on every beat.
Then I have some LED pars changing colors that I would like to react to sound every 8 beats
Then I have some other effects that should react to sound every half beat.

All of the above, at the same time.
Unfortunately currently this is not possible. The only way to achieve that is to program everything to use a high rate.
For instance my "half beat" effects are programmed with one step per value sequences.
Then my shutter effects have to be programmed with 2 steps per value (so that steps 1 & 2 are identical, then step 3 is different, but step 4 is identical with step 3)
This works, but for a typical color rotation sequence of 8 colors I need to use 8beats*2stepsperbeat*8colors = 128 steps!!!
Which also makes it practically impossible to edit... And which also makes mixing colors (e.g. half blue, half red) even more messy...

So, what I would like is that on Cuelist window that you can set the react to sound property, have an extra column that you would be able to specify a divider/multiplier.

In other words you drag a simple color rotate sequence on the cuelist (8 steps, 8 colors), set react on sound on, set multiplier to 4 and then Frestyler should advance the sequence step every 4 times it receives a beat message.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: React to Sound Multiplier/Divider possible ?

Post by Partyman »

That makes perfect sense and well explained. I also could make very good use of that feature.
draceq
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.0
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: React to Sound Multiplier/Divider possible ?

Post by draceq »

This feature could be VERY usefull. I also use a MIDI trigerring via SoundToFreestyler program and beat divider/multiplier column in each cue line in cuelists would be absolutely perfect. 👍👍

Return to “FreeStyler Software”