These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

S2L

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
stompinne
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler

S2L

Post by stompinne »

The sound2light feature in freestyler works mainly on "beats".
But there are lightcontrollers or fixture-autoprograms, that work not on (boring repetive) beats but more on other frequencies or follow a more "natural flow" of the music
Is this something that i can change of be achived with freestyler?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: S2L

Post by Partyman »

The S2L module allows you to detect beats at whatever frequency you choose with the slider. It also allows you to multiply and divide the beat. There are a dozen other ways you can customize S2L to compliment your show. I am not understanding what else you could want from it. Everything in music production relies on beats to some form or another.
The only way that I have found to use S2L effectively in a professional environment is to build sequences that are triggered by S2L, not by having a bunch of random DMX values thrown at the fixtures and hoping they give you a result you like.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”