These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Organizational question about cue and addressing

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Caloute
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.645
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Organizational question about cue and addressing

Post by Caloute »

Hi,

I am not sure i will be able to convey this question so you guys understand, but lets give it a shot, and if anything I might need to get my hands dirty and actually try to find the hard way.

I have multiple lights like something like 30 different models some up to 12 of the same.

I am wondering what is the best way to go around programming some cues and storing them for later use.
My question is, if one day for example I have that 14ch led moving light on lets say dmx address 1, programmed the cues all good, show goes well. Then another day this fixture happen to be located on address 122, my questions is. are the cues programmed for that light work on that address, or will they just still be stuck to dmx address 1 and have an effect on that fixture and the thirteen following dMx channels?

Lets say this is the case and the cue only follow the channel to which they where program originally, it does means that I have to organize my fixtures addressing with care right?

Thank you.
Caloute

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Organizational question about cue and addressing

Post by Partyman »

A cue is latched to the addresses it affects not the fixtures.
I run many different venues, some with 6 fixtures and some with 60. I also do mobile setups for events that can have up to 100 different fixtures.
I have learned to always address certain fixtures to the same addresses so that I can recycle sequences from event to event.
Single Fixtures get 0-100
Mover A 100-200
Mover B 200-300
pars 300-400
I always name fixture groups: front pars, side wash, rear wash, Move A, Move B, ...
I then create a folder for each fixture named the same as above with addresses (Mover A 100-166)
I then create sequences or cues for that fixture group and name them with the Fixture name (Mover A Red, Mover B Circle, ...) and put them into the corresponding folder.

It then makes it easier to reuse sequences at other venues by setting them to the same addresses
I then stack the cue and run Cuelists or submasters depending on the event :
Strobes Off
Front Wash amber
Side Wash blue
Mover A Circle

Hope that helps
Caloute

Post by Caloute »

Thanks Party Man this helped a lot, and thank you for always be there to respond. Caloute
Caloute

Post by Caloute »

Hi see some of my buttons files are named .chb if I am not wrong, my question is if these all are tired up to a dmx addresses, are we able to edit those .chb to change the addresses. So for example lets say you have done 50 buttons for some lights and now you want to put these lights on a different address, can you edit those .chb files?

Thank you,
Caloute
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

That is not possible as far as I know. There may be a software that can open the file and change address numbers but I do not know what it is.
Caloute

Post by Caloute »

Thank you.
Caloute

Return to “FreeStyler Software”