These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Timecode in CUE buttons

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
rfernandez
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Timecode in CUE buttons

Post by rfernandez »

Hi,
How are you?
I will appreciate your help with the following issue:

What I would like to do:

1. Create a number of chases (sequences) with 1 to N steps each, in the sequence editor.
2. Load them into a cue list in a certain order
3. Assign a timecode value to each of them, so they execute sequentially (that is one at a time) for the time set in the timecode, and then the next sequence, until the last one in the cue list.
4. Save this cue list to a button
5. Execute the cue list using the button, and get the desired behaviour

What I'm getting :

Until step 3 everything is OK. I can create and execute the cue list with the sequences I have previously created in the sequence editor, then execute the list from the cue window using the Start button, and it behaves perfectly; each line (sequence) executes one a time, in the given order, with the correct colors, fades, durations, etc. then it automatically goes to next line (sequence) and so on until the last one.

BUT, once I save them to the button the following happens :

I press the button and all sequences from the cue, load and execute in parallel (at the same time), so defeating the purpose of the timecode. In summary what happens is that the last sequence in the cue takes precedence, and it becomes the only thing you see.

Is this the expected behaviour?
If it is, well ... it's sad news, because this is the simplest and more flexible way to sync with a song (unlike the sequence editor in which you have to add and substract time from each step in order to make things fit).
If it is not, pleeeease help me find out how to make it work as described above.

Thank you very much!!
Best regards!!
Ricardo

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Timecode in CUE buttons

Post by Partyman »

Turn off "Cue multiselect always enabled" in cue options
rfernandez
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by rfernandez »

Hi Partyman,
Thank you for your answer!

It was already disabled. But it doesn't seem to be related to the problem. The switch only works when you start sequences manually on the Cue list.
The problem here shows when starting a series of sequences by pushing one cuelist button (the ones at the right of the cue list). In this situation all the sequences recorded in that button start at the same time no matter if multiselect is enabled or disabled.

Regards!
Ricardo
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

I see what you are talking about. Let me think about it.
SiGNe
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 4.14
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control

Post by SiGNe »

It might be that you need to enable the chaser in DMX400 from stastic to chaser.
I can't get it to work otherwise either.

What i would like is a list of "empty" chases that i can mix with a list of pre-set colors but so far al i managed was a sould2light chase where i can't select te colors of the chase.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”