These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

FreeStyler version ambiguity and incomplete version history

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Laudrin
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

FreeStyler version ambiguity and incomplete version history

Post by Laudrin »

If someone wants to download FreeStyler DMX, he's redirected to the forum, where there are two links:

"Download the Latest release: VERSION 3.6.49 !!!
The Latest BETA release of FreeStyler X2 is obtainable Here.
Uploaded 07-10-2018."

First I understood clicking onto the first line I get the latest stable version, clicking onto "here" gets me the lastest beta release. But both point to the same, identical exe file.

If there would be two different versions, it is unclear if the date and the latest changes below refer to the stable or the beta version.

I assume I'm not the only one confused by this, so could you please clarify this in the text?

Furthermore the current (stable? beta?) version is 3.6.49, the version history in the Wiki (https://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/what_s_new) only includes versions up to 3.5.5. I found the recent version history as a HTML file in the FreeStyler directory and will try to update the Wiki, but this could be frustrating for some users, especially if you tell them to check the (beta) version history before posting bugs and feature requests.

Is there a more recent beta version than 3.6.49? If so, where could I find it and the version history for it?

Thank you! :-)

Laudrin
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: FreeStyler version ambiguity and incomplete version history

Post by Laudrin »

I added the missing version history for versions after 3.5.5 in the Wiki page (https://www.freestylersupport.com/wiki/what_s_new), cleaned up the formatting and headlines, and corrected some typos. Please feel free to check if everything is correct and accurate now.

It would be nice if the version history is updated as soon as there is a new version released. ;-)

Still the beta download and beta version history question remains.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”