These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

No connection from PC to controller

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
inmymindpk
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

No connection from PC to controller

Post by inmymindpk »

Hi, new here. Pretty ignorant but trying.

I just purchased a "CHINLY 3 Channel DMX 512 LED Decoder Controller 30A RGB DMX dimmer use for DC12-24V RGB LED strip"

It has 1 DMX in, 1 out, and 1 rj45 in and 1 out. I was hoping to run from USB to ethernet (have a plug and play dongle and a cat5 cable), just to control a few RGB LED strips I hooked up. However, for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get it to work. I've been searching for hours and no luck anywhere, with any program. I know the thing works enough to have it's FUN settings working, but the connection to my computer just doesn't happen.

Anyone have ideas? Do I need to bite the bullet and buy a USB to DMX cable?

Any help would be appreciated!

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: No connection from PC to controller

Post by Partyman »

You will HAVE to use a USB to DMX converter if you want to use Freestyler. Freestyler can run over Artnet but also requires aUSB to Artnet dongle. USB to ethernet will not do any good with Freestyler.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”