These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

HELP: Fog Machine not responding in FreeStyler Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
jdrluis
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

HELP: Fog Machine not responding in FreeStyler

Post by jdrluis »

I just bought a BeamZ S1500 Fog Machine and created a fixture file for it, however, it just seems to ignore FreeStyler DMX.

It works perfectly with the wired remote, but not via DMX.

I found that in the manual it says
"It is necessary always lock a DMX loop with a 120 Ohm terminator for correct data transmission."
Could this have something to do with it?

I attached both the fixture file I made and the manual and I appreciate in advance any help from you guys.
s1500_dmx.pdf
BEAMZ S1500 Fog Machine.pff
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

spud1511
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7

Re: HELP: Fog Machine not responding in FreeStyler

Post by spud1511 »

Sounds more like an addressing issue.

Have you double checked the dip switches definitely match the fixtures starting address in freestyler (and your looking at them the right way up when you set them)?

If any other lights work correctly then you can rule out your dmx adapter and freestyler.

Using a single known good cable from dmx adapter to just the one fixture for testing would rule out the effect of not having the 120ohm resistor as there would be nothing else connected in the chain to cause noise reflections in the line.

If you set a single channel generic dimmer fixture to the same address as smoke machine you can turn the dimmers intensity up to try and make it fire smoke. If this works then it would be a fixture issue.

jdrluis
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3

Post by jdrluis »

spud1511 wrote: December 1st, 2018, 2:07 am Sounds more like an addressing issue.
It was, indeed. The dip switches were actually correctly set, but for some reason unknown to me, the fog machine did not want to work on the address that I had set initially (154). I tried changing the address to 256 and magic then happened.

Thank you for your help.
djkaditaly
FreeStyler Version: 4

Post by djkaditaly »

Manual of beamz S1500 smoke machine is the worst ever seen.
Hope this can help someone before become mad like me.
With 9 bits you can have a 2^9 combinations = 512.
The 10th pin is just for enable dmx addressing and it should be put in on. First 9 pins specify the correct address.
In the attachment you can find 2 examples of channel configuration (256 and 128).
If you leave the 10th pin down, no matter which pin configuration you choose, you will obtain always the channel 1.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
newbie84
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by newbie84 »

Hi all,

I have this same unit and I am sure it was working at some point with freestyler but now it is not.

Can anybody see where I am going wrong from the photos below please as I don't understand all of the mathematics sorry. I'm starting the unit at line 50 so I have replicated what the dip switches on Freestyler say it should be on the actual unit.

As mentioned above, I was using the Beamz F1500 but with the Hurricane Haze profile and I am sure it was working though its been so long that I honestly cannot remember now.

Should I be putting the unit at the end of all my fixtures in Freestyler perhaps?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01

Post by Partyman »

the freestyler dip switches are opposite of the actual dip switches on the hazer. Notice which way "on" is. Make sure switches are in the "on" position and also dip 10 "on".
newbie84
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2.1

Post by newbie84 »

Partyman wrote: August 18th, 2021, 5:07 pm the freestyler dip switches are opposite of the actual dip switches on the hazer".

I didn't know this as most of my other lights have a digital dmx address input. Anyway, all is working now. Thanks for the help

Return to “FreeStyler Software”