These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Multiple universes with VM116

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
wilwahabri
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Multiple universes with VM116

Post by wilwahabri »

The software supports 2 universes. However during setup it won't allow me to use 2 VM116's, it says the controllers have to be different.

Anyone tried this or should I get a different interface for 1 universe?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Multiple universes with VM116

Post by Partyman »

I have not been successful in getting two of the same dongles to work with 2 universes. The only way I can make two universes work (and they work perfectly) is with two different brand devices. I could not even get it to work using one Enttec Pro and one Enttec Open.
remco_k
FreeStyler Version: N/A
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Multiple universes with VM116

Post by remco_k »

The VM116 (or better: its dll that comes along with it), only supports one VM116. A second one wont be accessible to the host application (=FreeStyler). For that reason FreeStyler, whatever it tries to do, won't be able to access 2 of those. I'm not sure, but can imagine that the same problem is with other DMX devices/dll's as well. And maybe a second problem is the SDK's that come with the DLL's, often they are created to just create 1 instance of the library. Not 2 or more.

So in short, I think you are required to buy something else than a VM116. Which isn't a bad thing, because the VM116 is a terribly slow responding device (or did they finally fixed that, 10 years after I ran into that?). I would suggest Enttec Pro.
Developer of the Sound 2 Light application (SL.exe) for FreeStyler: https://www.digiplay.nl/fs
Electronics runs on magic smoke. If it escapes, the electronics won't work anymore!
Need a SHOUTcast stream?: https://www.digiplay.nl

Return to “FreeStyler Software”