These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Strobe not Recording

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
jffj41
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Strobe not Recording

Post by jffj41 »

Not sure what I am doing wrong. I have a couple of moving head lights. The fixture profiles seem to be working fine. When I try to record a scene if I add strobe to the first sequence it saves it. If I add strobe to any other step the light does not strobe it only moves to its location. Why is it not saving the strobe in other steps in the sequence? Example … Solid white light at start point, move lights to back wall and add strobe. On second step all I get is solid white light. Another example … If I start with strobe on back wall in step 1 and then move the lights to stage center, the light strobes on back wall and is solid on stage center, as it should be. Any help is greatly appreciated!

jffj41
Just started using FS

Re: Strobe not Recording

Post by jffj41 »

Upon further examination the software does not seem to record color changes, gobo's or strobe. I have made some presets and it seems to save them there. However if I just make my moves and settings manually it does not save. When I press the buttons to make the changes like gobo's or colors and strobe everything works fine. It is during the process of creating a sequence that it does not save all of the data. Can someone please help me? Thank you!
jffj41
Just started using FS

Post by jffj41 »

Another interesting point. If I save my changes as a preset. It keeps the colors, gobo's and everything. But when I just make the movements and add them as steps in the sequencer it holds the placement of the moving head to where I have moved it but gobo's , colors any modifications do not save except at the first spot 1/1
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

You must be doing something wrong during programming. I have tested and all save fine and work the way they are intended. I have checked this on 2 systems. Does the sequence run correctly when you run it in the sequence creator?
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Maybe you could do a backup of your Freestyler setup and post it here. We can then look directly at your programming to see where the error lies
PhantomDj
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by PhantomDj »

Quick hint:
By default when you create a sequence Freestyler records only the channels you alter during programming, not ALL channels.
This means that if your light is strobing BEFORE you hit the "new sequence" button and you record some movements, later down the road when you playback that program Freestyler won't bother with strobing since it's not programmed.

Another example:
Before you hit the "new sequence" button, your lights are all Green color. You hit the button and record a few movements. Then at step 5 you change the color to Blue. You make a 8 steps sequence and you save it.
When you playback that sequence you expect that the lights will be 4 steps Green and 4 steps Blue, right ?
WRONG! When you playback the sequence the first 4 steps of the first run will have ANY color the light currently have (most likely white) and then will change to Blue on 5th step and will stay there for all subsequent loops of the sequence.
WHY ?
Because you instructed the lights (on steps 5,6,7 & 8) to turn Blue, but you never instructed them to turn Green (because on steps 1,2,3,4 you didn't alter the color during programming)
Therefore:
When you program sequences make sure that you record all desired changes on your lights, even if they have the "correct" values before hand.
What you need to remember as a general rule of thumb is that each step is a set of instructions. If a channel has no instructions on a step then it will do "nothing" (and it will keep it's previous state/value)
jffj41
Just started using FS

Post by jffj41 »

Thanks so much for the help. I had a learning curve I had to overcome. I was using presets and trying to alter them. I had to learn to release preset values before it would save. Great Program I will eventually get it down. Thanks again for any help!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”