These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

External control of Override buttons on page 2+ with TCP/IP

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
BillsGate
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 4.x
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

External control of Override buttons on page 2+ with TCP/IP

Post by BillsGate »

Is there a way to control the override buttons which are NOT on page 1, via TCP/Sendmessage?

I've tried combining commands: toggling the page with commands 234-239, executing the override button and immediately switching back to the first page, but in most cases some of these commands are executed too late, or not at all.

I thought command 384 (Overridebutton...) could be used to activate button 0-255, but that seems not to be the case.

Anyone any suggestion?

I use the most recent version of Freestyler, with (presumably) the most recent version of Documents\SendMessage and TCPIP.pdf

Laudrin
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: External control of Override buttons on page 2+ with TCP/IP

Post by Laudrin »

I tried the same, I even checked if code 384 triggers button 33 instead of 1 as stated in the Wiki (External Commands, Override Buttons, last row in the table). Everything else seems to work, I checked the blackout code example from the forum and in the PDF, successfully used 385 (submaster run 1) and tried different variations of the command.

What are we missing here? How to activate override buttons 33–180 via TCP?

Furthermore according to the Wiki you can map keyboard keys to buttons 33–180 ("K" for keyboard control is stated) but there is no option in the external control / keyboard setup. Maybe an inaccurate information in the Wiki?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”