These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Touchscreen and flash override buttons Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
DJRon
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Touchscreen and flash override buttons

Post by DJRon »

I am stuck in the following and can't find a solution, which to my idea must exist.

I am using Wired XDisplay to connect my iPad as a second 'touch' screen.

But when I use the override buttons, the buttons configured as 'Flash' do not work,
As a mouse pointer appears and it just doesn't work.

How can I use the Flash configured override butons on my Touchscreen ?

I have one override button active, and a 'strobe button' configured as Flasah.
But when I touch these flash buttons, it doesnt work and gives me a context menu of that button or simply nothing happens.

How to make this work ?
Thanks !

PhantomDj
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49

Re: Touchscreen and flash override buttons

Post by PhantomDj »

That's not a Freestyler issue.
That's what you should expect with a touchscreen, and it's up to the touchscreen itself:
All the inputs on a touchscreen are evaluated on "up" (when you lift your finger from the screen) and not on "down" (when you touch the screen).
That's what makes possible for "right-click" (long press) on a touchscreen.
Therefore when you "touch" the screen the touch driver just starts counting how long you press the screen. If you keep holding it for a second or two then it considers the "click" as "right-click" and opens the context menu. If you release your finger before the time threshold then it considers it as a single "normal" click and it clicks on screen element.
Some touch drivers allow you to configure this behavior by disabling right click ability all together...
Therefore check the program you use and see if offers you such an option...
DJRon

Post by DJRon »

Thanks PhantomDJ ! loud and clear !
Sorry for the late reply, but since the XWired app I use to connect my iPad as a second screen under windows by USB only has screen resolution options, its a no go for me.

But, I didn't know that you can also use MIDI commands to map to Freestyler buttons/functions !
Until I installed the latest version of Freestyler on another laptop and downloaded & installed the latest version.

My Setup is a NI Traktor S5 console with a NI Maschine Jam, mapped to expand functionality of Traktor Pro.
I have two pages available with a 64 button matrix, and other control buttons, fully programmable and with different colors. The possibilities are almost limitless.

That would be the ultimate solution for me, playing music and 'lights', with the same console, while DJ'ing.

I googled quite some time, but it seems that no one has ever done this.
Anyone can point me into a direction for a generic template I can use to map a Maschine Jam for Freestyler ?
There must be someone out there who has thought about that and implemented that....

Thanks !
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Not sure I am understanding your problem. Are you trying to use Maschine for both Tractor and Freestyler at the same time or are you asking if the Maschine can be mapped just for Freestyler. The mapping should not be an issue but suing for both softwares at the same time I dont think will work.
DJRon

Post by DJRon »

Yes exactly,

I do realize that I cannot use ALL ports within Traktro Pro's config.

But there must be some way to map the MIDI commands from my current Maschine Jam mapping to Traktor Pro, and also use the Maschine Jam to control Freestyler. AT the same time.
I already run Freestyler And Traktor Pro on the same PC without any problems, so thats not the issue.

A solution could be to route the specific MIDI Channels I need for Traktor Pro, and other MIDI Channels route to Freestyler.

Maybe through an intermediary program on Windows, who can route the specific MIDI Channels to separate programs on Windows. But which ?

So, in theory it *should* be possible. But in reality ? I have yet to discover some program which can do that......

Return to “FreeStyler Software”