These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cues not executing all sequences

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
rth_discos
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Cues not executing all sequences

Post by rth_discos »

I've been using Freestyler for a few years, and having purchased some new lights have encountered the same problem I had a few years ago.

I create a number of sequences, one for movement, one for colour and one for turning the light on (lamp)

When I put these in to a cue, I run it, and not all of it runs. On this occasion, it completely ignores the movement.

I can't see anything 'competing', ie a conflciting movement request in one of the other sequences.

And sometimes it runs, sometimes it doesn't...

Am using the M-LED FreeDMX-512 Interface

Am I doing something wrong? I prefer to keep each element of the light in its own sequence, so it's easier to edit in the future. Or is this wrong?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Cues not executing all sequences

Post by Partyman »

It must be something in your programming. Making sequence for each attribute is fine. Everything works fine on my end and I have it on about 8 different windows 10 machines.
rth_discos

Post by rth_discos »

I would go with that, except the results aren't consistent, which is what I would expect if I had made an error.

Can it be caused by the USB to dmx device? Should I be using something more expensive?
DimAndDimmer

Post by DimAndDimmer »

@rth_discos,
If it's on windows, try checking the Windows Event Viewer. The device may be disconnecting from the USB port then quickly reconnecting. You might see hardware 'driver failed' messages in this case.
kabak_85
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.646

Post by kabak_85 »

What type of light are your new fixture ?

I had a problem with a moving led bar wich had a tilt channel but no pan channel.

If the cue sequence's transition is set to "faded", the led tilt channel doesn't react or go to zero.
If the cue sequence's transition is set to "no fade", the led tilt channel work fine.
Speak English / Parle Français.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”