These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Intensity Groups

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Motsik
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/motsik

Intensity Groups

Post by Motsik »

Hello, i have 3 different china led pars.
I have add them in freestyler as Generic 6ch fixtures and everyhting works.
But how can i dimming the intensity of them ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

doctorzorro
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Eurovision

Re: Intensity Groups

Post by doctorzorro »

Hi,
If the parcans don't have a master intensity channel (most of them don't) the only way to control intensity is via submaster controls.
Search the manual and this forum for tutorials on how to do this, it's not that hard and once you have your cues in place in a submaster, you can control the cue's intensity and speed. The submaster acts as a kind of virtual dimmer for fixtures that lack an intensity channel.
Red lights are bad for ya, mmkay?
Motsik
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/motsik

Post by Motsik »

Nice! Also, i will add 2 different spots with intensity channel. How can group intensity them. With the same way?
doctorzorro
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Eurovision

Post by doctorzorro »

If you build the fixtures correctly in Creator, with intesity channel defined you can control them directly via the sliderpanel.
Also, when you put one of those in a submaster with the intensity channel defined the submaster will automatically control the intensity. ALternatively you may choose to ignore the fact it has a intens channel and simply create a fixture with only the rgb cannels so it will behave the same as a non-intens fixture. I did this with a led-fourbar that only has a master intensity controlling all four lights in the bar. I made it so that it is defined as two fixtures, the first three channels are one fixture that holds the intensity, strobe and preset channels, and another fixture with 4x rgb channels. This way i can control the individual lamps' intensity without interfering with the rest of the lamps in the bar. You do need to program this so the master intensity gets a "lamp on" signal, can be done with an override, or putting the intens/strobe stuff on a different submaster.
Red lights are bad for ya, mmkay?
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

As Doctorzorro has said. This is the only way at the moment to control 3 Channel RGB intensity.
I have made a suggestion that for multipar LED fixtures if they could assign a virtual Intensity channel for each section so when you use the FX gen it will create chasers with RGB color etc. Hopefully one day they will.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”