These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Touchscreen GUI modifications

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
doctorzorro
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Eurovision

Touchscreen GUI modifications

Post by doctorzorro »

<Hi fellow FS users,

I'm currently building a customized touchscreen design to make FS look like Star Trek's LCARS design.
I know this has been done before but I'm gonna do it anyway because LCARS is a very nice and clean looking style which is also very practical for controlling FS. See the attached screenshot for details.
OKUDAGRAMS.jpg
In doing so I have run into some obstacles, things I want to modify that aren't meant to be changed.
Some colors can be changed in windows' color schemes, for example the active cue's blue bar in a submaster list is controlled by the "selected items" setting in personal preferences for the screen. Normally it's blue with white text, the textcolor controls the submaster active text itself while the font is actually the font used for the titlebar of the touchscreen, NOT the font for the submaster list. The titlebar's color is controlled by the "menu" setting, font is the same as the "selected item", thus making it possible to blackout the titlebar and use a custom font for the options, minimize and exit text.

While that is quite nice, there are some elements in the touchscreen's design i cannot change, or at least I cannot find the controlling parameter/file.
These:

- There are only 4 buttons available that have a black text, all the rest of them are white. I want more black ones as white text doesn't read well on most colors. Anyone know where this can be changed?

- Fonts and text size. I would love to have bigger fonts in the submaster lists and buttons. Changing the windows fonts and sizes messes up windows pretty good but does not affect Freestyler. Is this embedded in FS's .exe file or is there a .ini or .dat file for it?

-The submaster field colors when running or stopped. While you can alter it's basic empty color, controlled by window backgroundcolor, there's no obvious way to alter the stopped status white and running state lightblue.

-The sliders. I can't find the bitmap for the knob itself, I read somewhere in the manual it cannot be changed but hey, a bitmap is a bitmap right? You just have to know where to look.

If anyone knows where to find any of these settings/items, please drop a comment.

Happy Hacking,
Arjan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Red lights are bad for ya, mmkay?
Laudrin
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Touchscreen GUI modifications

Post by Laudrin »

Hi Arjan / doctorzorro, nice work! :-)

Is there any way you could share the touchscreen UI so we can help developing it and learn from it?

Maybe then someone would be able to help with your questions.
doctorzorro
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Eurovision

Re: Touchscreen GUI modifications

Post by doctorzorro »

Hi Laudrin,
How might I do that? I could send you a complete backup of the current FS i'm using but for the whole thing to look the way it's supposed to I would also need to put the windows (7) color scheme with it.
Of course I would be delighted to have someone with greater knowledge of Freestyler have a look at it, it was a lot of work and turned out pretty nice as it is. It also works fine, save for some minor bugs that might be due to excessive use of overrides on top of another. Bu that's another story I suppose.
Thanks for the reply,
Arjan
Red lights are bad for ya, mmkay?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”