These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cue List Button Text Size

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
mike_s
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3645
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Cue List Button Text Size

Post by mike_s »

I play in a band and I'm trying to migrate our lighting control from an old physical control unit to FreeStyler running on a Windows tablet. I'm programming the different scenes we use to run off cue list buttons and everything's working fine, apart from one problem. I normally wear glasses for reading & close-up work, but I prefer not to wear them while playing, which means I can't read my labels on the cue list buttons.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the text size on the cue list buttons?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Cue List Button Text Size

Post by Partyman »

It may be possible by editing the Freestyler script but I am not aware of any way.
doctorzorro
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Eurovision

Post by doctorzorro »

I searched through all files in the freestyler folder that are readable with notepad, .ini, .dat, .fsd etc...
I could not find any reference or entry for the fonts used for the buttons or their size/color.
See my post on this forum, I would be interested to know where these parameters reside as well.
Let's hope someone has a deeper knowledge of Freestylers innards and is willing to share these insights.
Red lights are bad for ya, mmkay?
Codeweasel
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.638

Post by Codeweasel »

I believe Freestyler is written in VB6, which means that, unless Raph has specifically programmed to allow text size changes on buttons and other interface elements, its not something you are going to find in any .ini or config file. Font types and sizes are drawn internally from Windows, so what you *could* do would be to go to Control Panel and make changes to the current 'Theme' and/or set the overall text size to 125% or 150%, but that will enlarge everything, not just the FS buttons. Other than that, I'm afraid you are stuffed :geek:
UniCav
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by UniCav »

The way I've handled this was to find the images folder that has all the buttons in it and make a backup copy, then I used an image resize utility to enlarge the button images until I found what worked for my layout. I even edited a few to add my own text. Once you get it where you like it make a copy of the folder to put back whenever the program is updated. I do wish the devs would add something where you could pick the font size or change the button sizes because you really can't see squat with the default text sizes on anything on a tablet or laptop with 1980 screen res
mike_s

Post by mike_s »

Codeweasel wrote: February 19th, 2018, 4:06 pm I believe Freestyler is written in VB6, which means that, unless Raph has specifically programmed to allow text size changes on buttons and other interface elements, its not something you are going to find in any .ini or config file. Font types and sizes are drawn internally from Windows, so what you *could* do would be to go to Control Panel and make changes to the current 'Theme' and/or set the overall text size to 125% or 150%, but that will enlarge everything, not just the FS buttons. Other than that, I'm afraid you are stuffed :geek:
Thanks for the suggestion, Codeweasel. The highest I can set the custom display scaling to while being able to fit all the cuelist buttons on the screen is 140%. Unfortunately the button labels are still too small for me to read without glasses.
mike_s

Post by mike_s »

UniCav wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 3:49 pm The way I've handled this was to find the images folder that has all the buttons in it and make a backup copy, then I used an image resize utility to enlarge the button images until I found what worked for my layout. I even edited a few to add my own text. Once you get it where you like it make a copy of the folder to put back whenever the program is updated. I do wish the devs would add something where you could pick the font size or change the button sizes because you really can't see squat with the default text sizes on anything on a tablet or laptop with 1980 screen res
UniCav, I've had a look around for the folder containing the buttons, but without success. Can you provide any further information on where this is located, please?
UniCav
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by UniCav »

I think it's TouchUI Images

Return to “FreeStyler Software”