These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

A few questions from a new user

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
mike wild
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

A few questions from a new user

Post by mike wild »

I'm new to free styler and have a few questions.

1. I was given the windows program by a friend, is it possible to donate to the work?
2. Until your android app has been updated, would it be possible to let me know the PostMessage codes i would to access the sequence Buttons within the windows program.
3. In the future will the windows program have a central UI, rather than lots of little windows?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: A few questions from a new user

Post by Partyman »

There is a yellow donate button on the center of this page along with a download link to the most current version index.php

The android app was made by a user and has lost all functionality form me also, I am am hoping the developer of the app gets it fixed.

I doubt that you will see a complete rewrite of Freestyler, it was originally designed after another $$$ software that is fairly obsolete now. Since Freestyler is freeware I highly doubt that Raph will completely rewrite the software but here's to hoping! There may however still be many things that can be added and adapted to the current software. Raph updates Freestyler more often than any paid software is updated.
mike wild
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by mike wild »

Thank you Partyman
Laudrin
Can now teach FS to others (Hopefully!)
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.49
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Post by Laudrin »

Is there no way to make FreeStyler Open Source as already suggested by another user?

So many people could help developing the program instead of just one. There are many successful projects even surpassing paid software.

I would like to help at least with the Android app (I know it's developed by someone else than FS) and the documentation. But to do this, I would have to get my hands on the source and original documents, at least in parts.

Many people would be willing contributing to the software, I'm sure of that.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”