These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sequence/Cue stupidity....

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
geddydawg
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Sequence/Cue stupidity....

Post by geddydawg »

As a learning test, I created a simple Sequence, 3 light changes, tested in Sequence, all colors changed, even disabled the Fades, so lights changed quickly. I brought that saved sequence into Cue, hit the play button, all worked as expected, forwards, backward, random, etc.... nice...
Ok, heres the "stupidity" part. Next day I start again, to make sure I know what Im doing, I create another sequence, 6 steps, and again all plays correctly from the Sequence. I at that point save a new .chb file and saved to the current cuelist.
So I open up the Cue program, .chb file is in the list. I hit play on that file, and nothing, no light change, no showing the light change display on the selected fixture in the software. I know its something stupid im missing, where I got it to work correctly the first time, but these last 5 attempts, have come up with no changes in Cue. They play correct in Sequence, but nothing in Cue.
It worked correctly the first time, just not since. Any thoughts on what I could be missing?

geddydawg
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Re: Sequence/Cue stupidity....

Post by geddydawg »

Maybe I should have worded this differently. I have what I needed programmed into the Sequencer part, all is cool.. individual lights on different channels doing different things. Pressing for forward/backward buttons, or the "play" button, all works flawlessly, different colors, not all the same color (finally). Its when I import this saved sequence, the .chb file, into Cue, when I hit play there, the numbers turn showing its changing, but the colors on the lights themselves dont change. Awesome in Sequence Program, not so much in Cue.
Codeweasel
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.638
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Sequence/Cue stupidity....

Post by Codeweasel »

I'm not sure, but I think it may be something I've seen as well... Do you have the sequence editor *and* the cuelist on-screen at the same time...? If so, the sequence editor may say "offline mode". If this is the case, I'm sure I've seen a situation where nothing happens to M3D or live to output.... but I may be wrong :-) Close the sequence editor and try again

Return to “FreeStyler Software”