These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Freestyler transition between scenes

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
dennisgamalej
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Freestyler transition between scenes

Post by dennisgamalej »

Hey) is there a fader with which i can made fade from one scene to another? And one more question. Why i have sometimes a problem when i save a scene and i play the scene sometimes its okey but sometimes freestyler turn on also another lights......

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: Freestyler transition between scenes

Post by Rod_Horning »

In Freestyler a scene is one step of a sequence (which is created by the Sequence editor and may consist of 1 or many scenes). A scene sets the DMX values sent to the selected channels and how they are sent, ie. SNAP (instant change) or FADE (the DMX value increases or decreases to the specified level across a period of time which is set in the Sequence Editor Fade Time setting. SNAP or FADE (or NOT recorded) is selected by clicking on the icon on the right hand side of the standard Freestyler sliders.

If your sequence has multiple steps the length of each scene is set in the Sequence Editor Scene Time setting.

Freestyler does have faders but I am not aware of a cross-fade fader which is what I think you are asking for. The cross fade is performed by the use of scenes.

If other lights are on when a scene starts and they do not go out then the issue is in the programming of the scene.

Another setting is whether the scene is Transparent or Static.
The sequence editor can be set to record the scenes in two modes, Transparent or Static.
In transparent mode, the sequence editor only records the channels that are changed or set to “Fade” / “Snap” in fader panels (not those set to “Off”). This makes it possible for other sequences to change the other channels not included when this sequence is running.
In static mode, all channels are recorded by the Sequence editor. This makes it possible to set the whole light to a wanted state and then record all channels.

If other lights sometimes, but not always, come on then you may have another scene running. I suppose this could be a "bug" in Freestyler but, if it is, I've not seen another report of it.
dennisgamalej
Has mastered Fixture Creator
FreeStyler Version: 2

Post by dennisgamalej »

But when i change cuelists than all the cuelists all te cues are playing at once and i dont whant the to play i want them just to play when i press them
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

There are two settings. In the cue list there are 2 gear icons (settings) on the top.

The left hand gear allows you to select Cue Multiselect always enabled. With this enabled more than 1 sequence can be running in the cue list. With it disabled only 1 sequence in the cue list can run.

The right land gear allows you to select Disable previous cue list first. This may be what you need to do.
Codeweasel
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.638
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by Codeweasel »

There's also a setting called "Load cues only" which will not play any cues in the list when it's loaded, it just loads the list.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”