These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Running 4 Chauvet ColorPallettes individually, at the same time

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
geddydawg
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Running 4 Chauvet ColorPallettes individually, at the same time

Post by geddydawg »

HI,
I currently have setup 2 ColorPallettes on each side of the stage, 4 total, and have a timed pattern that runs while band plays. Is there a way to set one pair of these to either do 1 ahead or 1 behind the programmed pattern, or am I able to control the ColorPallettes individually, (1 red 1 blue 1 green, etc) at the same time when changing a color from the wheel?
I ask, as Im playing at the same time, and have the patterns change controlled by a foot pedal. Doing this (currently), all are red or all blue or all green (or whatever mid color, etc).
Where hands are busy on guitar, is there a way to make the same changes by the same footswitch but have 1 set of ColorPallettes be a different color, all still changing in sequence?
Or am I just crazy?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Running 4 Chauvet ColorPallettes individually, at the same time

Post by Partyman »

If they are all set to the same address they will react the same. If you want them each to do different colors then you will need to address them individually.
geddydawg

Post by geddydawg »

I understand that I can program 1 set to ID 1 and the other to 17, etc.. that part I get.
But because Im playing guitar at the same time, makes it more difficult.
Im thinking that for ID 1 to change I click on that one config with the mouse, and then make a color change, that set changes.
If I want ID 17 to change, I click on that one with the mouse, and that one changes color, so they are independent.
My hands are unfortunately busy at the time playing guitar, for any mouse clicking on specific sets. Thats why I mention having to make changes with a foot switch.
Is there still a way with them set on individual IDs, and both highlighted together, to change colors independently?
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

Hopefully someone has a MUCH better idea than what follows.

You could use either a keyboard or a joystick with a homemade mechanical link from a foot switch.

The foot switch could be completely mechanical, ie. a pivot and a spring loaded lever. The lever would push a key or a joy stick button.

You might be able to do it electrically also it you can obtain and read the circuit diagram.

Could you do what you want via MIDI?
geddydawg

Post by geddydawg »

I really appreciate the thought going into this. If I didnt have so much going already, it could be a possible idea.
im hoping if something thats available witin freestyler for programming, as im playing guitar with my hands... doing moog foot pedals with right foot (for thickening up the sound) and light scene changes with left foot on footswitch, really not a lot of time to use a level to change which lights selected before hitting the switch to change scene.
As far as doing via midi, while the drummer plays very very well, not at an exact steady tempo thru the entire song, or to a click track. Another great idea, but id win the lottery first before convincing him to play to a click.
geddydawg

Post by geddydawg »

By any chance, if I use the footswitch to hit the "Manual Trigger" box in the Sequences area, and I have 1 sequence pattern set for ID 1 and a different sequence pattern set for ID 2. is it possible to run both sequences at the same time, changing to the next using the Manual Trigger button?
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

geddydawg

Post by geddydawg »

Thank you for the link
I already have the footswitchpart covered, was seeking a way to change grouped lights via programming as my hands are already being used on guitar so i cant manual choose which set of lights to change color on.
Partyman
FS is my life

Post by Partyman »

You can do what your wanting to it just has to be programmed into scenes. When programming if you tell a light to come on you must also have programming to turn it off, they only know what you tell them to do. If you want a light "a" on in scene 1 but off in scene 2 you must program it that way.
geddydawg

Post by geddydawg »

I finally got it, setting 2 different pairs on the same dmx, and creating a sequence.. all change individually together, all with the specific light color programmed, not the same color on all. Finally. Now that it works correctly in Sequence, to figure out how to do it in Cue for footswitch operation. Need more coffee!
Partyman
FS is my life

Post by Partyman »

Try restarting the software and opening the sequence editor and opening your sequence before doing ANYTHING else. I believe the Color Palettes have to have a channel value to set them in DMX mode. If after opening sequence editor first and then opening your sequence does it run properly in the editor? If it does then it should run correctly in cue window. Sometimes you have set a value on a light before opening the sequence editor that is not recorded into the sequence.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”