These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Setting cue speed over MIDI - 8% step size?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
AndrewStevenson
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Setting cue speed over MIDI - 8% step size?

Post by AndrewStevenson »

Hi,

I am trying to adjust the speed of cue playback via MIDI but having precision issues.

I'm successfully using the MIDI volume controller to set 'Sequence 17 Speed'. I've observed that a controller value of 24 corresponds to 100% speed and controller value 23 results in 92%. I need to set the speed in finer increments such as 1, 2, or 4%. Is there any way to do this with FreeStyler?

Another approach I tried was to control 'Master spd -5%' which I can trigger using a Note On with a velocity of 127, but when I use that it actually drops the speed by 15% (taking speed to 85%) - which looks like a defect in the software.

I'd be grateful if anyone knows how to set the cue recall speed in increments of 1-5% via MIDI.

Thank you & Best Regards,
Andrew.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”