These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Problem using Shape Generator in Sequence

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Problem using Shape Generator in Sequence

Post by perrip »

Hello, I am wondering if someone can help me? I have used the shape generator in the past with a few moving heads, and I create a single step sequence, pick a shape, put it in a cue, and it has been a great easy way to use the moving heads along with other running sequences. Lately I have been having trouble. I put the moving head sequence made with a shape generator in a cue. and no movement from the lights. Is there something simple I am overlooking?

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: Problem using Shape Generator in Sequence

Post by Rod_Horning »

First, a dumb questions - did you start the sequence in the cue? (as I said, dumb question)

If you have not done so then open the Show Output window, open the que and start the sequence. Now see if the pan and tilt channel values of the moving head light fixture are changing. If not then it would seem that the sequence was not recorded correctly.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Oh yes I did do it it a cue, in the sequence editor it works fine, so sorry, but what is the show output window?
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Just saw the show output window, not sure what to look for. I did think I may not have done the sequence right so did redo it. it does work in the sequence editor.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

The Show Output window shows the value that Freestyler is sending to each channel. You should see the Pan and Tilt of the moving head change rapidly when the sequence is running.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Thanks, I'll give it a look!, I am pretty sure that the sequences with the shape generator are good, because they had worked in the past. I am just not sure why they are not working now. the moving heads turn on, just no movement when the sequence is initiated. I will try the show output window.
Thanks!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”