These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

DMX too fast for fixture?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Tonyt150
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 43
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

DMX too fast for fixture?

Post by Tonyt150 »

I have a couple of budget LED moving heads that I purchased on ebay. These work fine except when using any amount of pan or tilt where they freeze after a few seconds and then start moving again a bit later. I am guessing that the fixtures are not processing the DMX commands quickly enough and go through some sort of reset as they work fine for static things like colour changes or even if I simply click on a new location for the head. If I try a bezier or simply try to move the head manually it quickly freezes. Does this sound like the cause and if so is it possible to slow down the WMX output to a rate that the fixture can cope with?

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: DMX too fast for fixture?

Post by Rod_Horning »

You might try changing the output refresh rate to see if that helps. (Be aware that could cause other issues so throughly test it before actual use).

To do this click on the top menu item Setup. Next click Freestyler setup. If output refresh rate is not shown click on Advanced.
Tonyt150
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 43

Post by Tonyt150 »

Thanks Rod - just to let you know that reducing the refresh rate to 50 has completely resolved the problem and does not seem to have introduced any other ill effects so thanks very much. Tony
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

Thanks for the update!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”