These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Some questions about the use of Freestyler

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
roro04
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3643
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Some questions about the use of Freestyler

Post by roro04 »

Hello everyone !

I write this message because I start with Freestyler software and I have some problems.

I installed Freeestyler and I added all my Fixtures : it's OK.
Easy View works also fine, I can move channels cursors in Freestyler and I can see machines movments in 3D easy view.

My problem is when I want use Cue. I created sequences for pan and tilt for Scan machines. Next, I created a Cue with both sequences in position 1 and 2. To finish, I save the cue with the name Scan_Mouv_1.

When I clic on the cue from cuelist button, both sequences play, it's good. But I have a problem when I create a second cue with sequence in position 3 and 4 for lyre machines. When I start the second Cue, I want the first continues to operate in same time the second. I actived the option "Multiple cuelist" in cuelist pannel and the option "Cue multiselect always enabled" is selected in Freestyler menu.

At the beggining, I had an error "Subscript out of range" when I run the second cue. I uninstalled and reinstalled Freestyler but I had the same error. With some other tries, the error seems disappeared. Have you ever had the same problem ?

My second problem is with keyboard shortcuts. I want to make like I proced in Martin LJ, for each machine, I create sequences for movments, colors, gobos, shutter, effects... Next, I create a Cue for each sequence by putting the sequence in a specific position in the cue. For exemple, all Scan movment in 1, all scan colors in 2, all scan gobo in 3, all scan shutter in 4. I do the same with lyre machines by starting with the position 5. So, I can create keybord shortcut for each cue.

If 3 cue are running (scan movment, red color and shutter opened), and I press the keyboard shortcut for the cue nammed "Scan movment 2", the color and the shutter channel stay unchanged but the movment change (the new movment replace the previous because it is in the same postion in the cuelist).

I would like to copy this operating principle on Freestyler but I don't know how I can have more than 16 cue shortcut (there are 16 cue button in one tab at the maximum in the cue window). In the tab "External control / Keybord controls" on Freestyler menu, I can only create shortcut for "Toggle Cuelist" from 1 to 32. What are these numbers ? Can we put more than 32 cuelist ?

I heard about Submaster but I don't understand this fonctionnality. Can you help me ?
I can explain or provide details if needed.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm French but I'm motivated to learn Freestyler.

Best regards,
Romain.

dmxlighting
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: beta
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: Some questions about the use of Freestyler

Post by dmxlighting »

Hey,

You need to use submasters.
Start with a blank (empty) cuelist page
You make a cuelist of colour cues, gobo cues, movements etc. each time saving the list. then import each list into an empty submaster. then you can select what colour, gobo, movement you want to build the look you want . This will populate the cuelist as each submaster is selected. Then if you wish you can save that under a cuelistbutton which will recall and play the whole cuelist. I think maybe someone will explain this better on the wiki or jump in on this thread.
Freestyler DMX - Pissing over the competition since 199x
What do you want for free ?

Freelance Lighting Programmer / Sound Engineer / Designer / Installer and General All Round AV Expert
roro04

Post by roro04 »

Hello !

Thanks for your answer.
I didn't know how we could use Submasters. I tested and my first problem is solved, I can launch many sequences in the same time ;-)

I created a cuelist for each function of my machine (color, gobo, movment, shutter...). Next I loaded the cuelist in each submaster. When I select my sequence in the submaster and I click on "Run", it works and I can lunch different submaster in same time.

But I have still a problem with external control !
I have a "Novation Launchpad Mini" to control Freestyler with the MIDI controler.
I can run a submaster by assign the function "Submaster Toggle 1" a button of the lunchpad, it's ok.

How I can assign a sequence of my submaster to one pad of the lunchpad ? I can only assign "Submaster Go 1" and "Submaster Back1" to change the sequence in the submaster. Even if I do it, I have to "Stop" and "Go" the submaster to applies the modification in the current cuelist.

Is it the normal running ?
I send you a screenshot of my configuration.

Thanks for your help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
roro04

Post by roro04 »

Hello !

Happy new year everyone 😁
Can you help me to find a solution ?

Thanks 😀
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Hi,
You can assign a midi trigger to the CueList Buttons 1-16. Then you can assign a midi trigger to the pages up and down.
You should now be able to trigger the the cuelist with your Novation. :)
Check your midi channels line up.
Hope this helps.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”