These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Windows 10 strange channels behaviour

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Jiner
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Windows 10 strange channels behaviour

Post by Jiner »

Hello!
I have strange problem on my few win 10 laptops.
I have few simple RGBW pars and small led mooving heads.
The problem is that on win 10 im not able to set brightness or any other value to 100%.
For example on PAR - I put master dim to 100% and then start to add any channel R G or B up.
The brightnes starts to rise but after 50% of slider it starts to become darker. SO to get max brightness on any channel i have to set master dim to 50% and channel dim 50% too. The same with mooving heads for any channels. But all works fine with win 8.1 tablet pc.
Im using USB to RS 485 ftdi 232 based adapter as usb interface. The fixtures are self made and also works fine on win 8.1 device.
I m using Emtec opendmx option in setup. Devices are Renkforce GM107 moving head and Eurolite led party spot

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Windows 10 strange channels behaviour

Post by Rod_Horning »

First, use SHOW OUTPUT and see what the DMX value are being sent to your lights. This info may help determine your problem.

Second, please export and attach your fixtures, using Win 10, to this thread. I and maybe a couple of others will import them to our Win 10 system and test. Personally, I will need to use the Virtual Interface so this will not be a complete test.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

There is no global problem with windows 10, I have it running fine on multiple systems and none are having the problem you describe. Something in that system has gotten corrupted. I suggest a fresh install.
Jiner

Post by Jiner »

Thank you for your reply guys!
Im using these fixture files.
I've tried to re install freestyler and also i've reinstall usb device driver.
PS i know that for renkforce MOVING HEAD i'm using a little bit incorrect fixture, but im not able to make smooth changes of any parameterfor any connected dmx device - brightness or pan tilt.
I've put terminator at the end of dmx line. But it works ok even without it on win8 machine but not on win 10.
The output values looks fine in OUTPUT MONITOR.
Im using WINDOWS 10 HOME X64.'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

You must export the fixture files (not save as) in order to install on another system. Please export and repost
Jiner

Post by Jiner »

Partyman wrote: November 16th, 2017, 3:04 pm You must export the fixture files (not save as) in order to install on another system. Please export and repost
Here they are,
I've checked the same usb adapterand just copie pasted fixtures on another win 10 maschine - even without activation and everything works fine... but its desktop pc... may be i should install remoove some updates..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

If you are willing try a fresh install of Windows 10. This will take some time but may be your best chance.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”