These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Using FX generator in sequence editor

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Using FX generator in sequence editor

Post by perrip »

Hello, I have a hunch I know the answer, before I got started on reassigning all my par fixture address I wanted to make sure I am right. So my question is. If I want to use FX effects on lets say 16 par lights. does each light need to have its own specific dmx address? If so is there a smart way to set this up so that it is still easy to program non FX scenes. Thanks for helping me, sorry this was not spelled out on the wiki page.

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Re: Using FX generator in sequence editor

Post by Rod_Horning »

It depends on what you want to see but you will need multiple addresses. The FX generator creates multiple scenes (you could do it yourself, FX justs makes it MUCH easier and faster). Each scene controls n addresses. Lets say you only assign 8 addresses to your 16 PARs. That means that each of the 8 addresses controls 2 lights. A DMX value is sent to an address and thus 2 lights will react to that address/value. My guess is that to see the effects you want all 16 PARs will need their own DMX address.

It will also be necessary, for many of the effects, to physically position the PARs correctly. If this is not done the sequences will run fine but the visual will not be what you desire.

I may not understand your easy to program non FX scenes correctly but putting them in a GROUP may be what you are looking for. By putting them in a group all of them may be selected at once by selecting the group.

Hope this helps.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Hey thanks so much for your reply, this helps a bunch. And thank as well for the tip on positioning the PARs as well. I probably would have overlooked that. I have never grouped lights in a GROUP, just physically placed them on the screen together. I can check the Wiki on how to do that.
Thanks, you saved me a bunch of time!
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

Let us know how it works out. Have fun.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

sure thing, I will do that
thanks again!
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Post by buttza »

Also Remember that if you are running RGB Cans in 3 channel mode the intensity sequences won't work as they require an intensity channel in the fixture profile. A lot of people get caught out with this. :)
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper

Post by perrip »

Oh Thanks, I appreciate your tip, I guess I will have to play around with it,
Thanks so much!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”