These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Interface Question (from a newb)

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
tufyuma
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Interface Question (from a newb)

Post by tufyuma »

So, I will apologize in advance if I missed this answer.
I have a Chauvet GigBar 2, I also have a Xinfly Mini USB to DMX Dongle..I managed to get them talking to each other and Freestyler (latest version), I can make the fixtures do what I want..sort of.

What I was expecting was this...after setting up and getting everything working I thought there would be an "interface" (maybe something that looked like a mechanical light board with sliders or buttons on it) to assign fixtures to or assign colors to or other "operations" like strobe light or the speed of rotation for the Derby fixures.

I just want to be able to turn functions on or off by pushing a button or sliding a slider..I'm trying to get around the foot switch which is cool, but you have to cycle through the effects to find the one you want.

Thanks in advance!

Jim

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Interface Question (from a newb)

Post by Rod_Horning »

Start Freestyler. Click Setup (top menu item), click FreeStyler setup, Click on Preferences (to expand it) and then click on Extra Options. If Automatically expand faders when fixture selected is not checked then click on the box to check it. Click Save

In the Freestyler area click on the GigBar 2 picture. This should cause sliders to appear in the upper right hand corner. Depending on how the fixture is defined the sliders will be labeled.

Also, click on Window (top menu item) and then click on All. Depending on how the fixture is configured additional windows will appear that may have "push buttons".

If you would like to do so export the fixture and attach it to this thread. We can take a look at it and see if it can be updated to include some helpful features.
tufyuma
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Interface Question (from a newb)

Post by tufyuma »

Thanks for the info!
I did have the "extra options set"
I have been able to figure out how to make the fixture(s) do what I want...just not get them into a Cue.
After playing around a bit I managed to get them into the "buttons" but it looks like I can only have one button "on" at a time... There are 6 fixtures on the bar and I would like to be able to have one button (for example) make the Pars red and have the Derbys do something else at the same time, but next time I might want the pars to be a different color...(hope that makes sense) I grabbed the fixture(s) from here: viewtopic.php?f=79&t=7316

They seem to work well, looks like you originally uploaded them! so THANKS!!

Any other suggestions would be helpful!

Thanks again!

Jim

PS. I'm getting there...albeit slowly!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”