These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Catching up and stepping up

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
UniCav
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Catching up and stepping up

Post by UniCav »

Please forgive the NOOB level post but it's been awhile. After kicking some serious butt without band's shows running on Freestyler from a laptop mounted on my keyboard stand, we scaled back for awhile. For several reasons, partially the complexity of wiring up the whole 16 fixture + Laser rig with the laptop vs the size of venues we were playing. We'd rig it all up for private events in big space but the rest of the time I found it easier to just hook up 8 PARs and cross 2 channels on auto sound and just put one set of PARs in front of us for spotting.

So 2018 is upon us and we want to revamp the light show, new PARs, some motion, but we need to simplify controlling. Being the front guy playing keys, interacting with the crowd and singing, running lights gets tedious as heck and any time the system acts up or the beat doesn't go right, or a cable gets bad, or a light goes squirrely my whole mood and the show is toast. I briefly tried using Sound2Light early on but it never seemed to work (at the time using built in microphone on a tablet) and if I dared to try and manually activate a scene (i.e. static between songs or a strobe/flash at the big finish of a song) the whole thing would just stop working.I tried using a MIDI pad at one time but we could never keep the thing working no matter what kind of USB cable I used.

So I'm asking for advice on simplifying yet improving the system. Are there foot switch controllers that work with freestyler? Any kind of Sound-to-DMX converter that would do random chases across mutliple channels? IAnything anyone can suggest for easier control. I don't mind spending the time to program chases in Freestyler. If there's some way to export that to a different controller that would be cool. But I need the best of both worlds, beauty AND simplicity.
Thanks in advance!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”