These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Problems with override

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
svaronalli
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Problems with override

Post by svaronalli »

Hi. I have a set of 3 groups of moving heads for 3 different areas of the club.
I made three different pages of override buttons and created static and dynamic sequences each of the set related and affecting only the specific set of lights.
Dynamic sequences are just using shapes for pan and tilt , regular slow movement.
I then connected the sequences in the override button pages but one of these sets doesn't work properly. It is staying frozen, no movement of the heads, while the other two are working fine.
I tried to create again scenes, even starting from one of the scenes working fine but still those lights are never moving.
If I start normally the same sequence this is working perfectly

What can be? I missed some settings for those heads? I see the show output and the pan tilt value is not changing at all if the scene starts from override while perfectly doing if started from a cue or the sequence window.

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Problems with override

Post by Nathanrs93 »

The override buttons will only do the first step in a sequence. It's like a toggle switch.

It will not read a sequence of cues for moving heads, this is why they don't move but will move in the cue window. The override buttons weren't built for this purpose, but more for quick colour, strobe, beam changes etc without doing too much programming if you don't have the time before a show.
svaronalli
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Post by svaronalli »

Hi.

Yes yes I know, but this sequence is made with only one step and the step is including shape movement for the moving heads, something that in the other two sets is working fine.

This is why I expect it is working fine as well.
All the sequences are similar, one step, one color and gobo, and a shape movement. Just only those heads are not responding. I don't know ilwhat to do
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

svaronalli wrote: October 11th, 2017, 11:50 am Hi.

Yes yes I know, but this sequence is made with only one step and the step is including shape movement for the moving heads, something that in the other two sets is working fine.

This is why I expect it is working fine as well.
All the sequences are similar, one step, one color and gobo, and a shape movement. Just only those heads are not responding. I don't know ilwhat to do
If the other two sets are working fine, then I'd check your programming again. It can be a simple error that's throwing it off and it doesn't like it.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”