These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Override button for colours ?

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Boone
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 2.96g

Override button for colours ?

Post by Boone »

Hello,

I want to use the override buttons to put al my fixtures for example in red, or green or blue or strobe or ...

But i did a test and that is working fine but i have some trouble with the movement from scanners and monving heads.

When i put manually a scanner on a position to light up something, and then press my override button, the position is changed ...

So is there a possibility to only change the colour, but not the movement of the lights. So when he is fixed, he stays fixed. When he is turning, it stays turning in the same sequence.

Hope somebody can help me ...

Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Re: Override button for colours ?

Post by Nathanrs93 »

The override buttons will only do the first step in a sequence. It's like a toggle switch.

So let's say you have your scanners/moving heads do a movement and you want to stop them instantly, the override buttons will let you do that. I've used them on award shows where I'll leave the sequence running the background, but have control with my override buttons for convenience to stop and start things quickly.

Good for colour changes, beams & strobe effects too like you mentioned.
Boone

Post by Boone »

Hello. I want just otherwise. The position must.continue to move. And with the button i want to change colour. How can i do that please ?
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

https://youtu.be/xRY66686f98

Any questions let me know 8-)
Boone

Post by Boone »

Hallo,

But if you test with a movinghead for example how is turning around. And the press the override button, my colour is changing, so that's correct ! But the turning arround is also stopped !!!
And that i don't want, i want that the moving head continues where he was with his position ...

Somebody ?
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Answer given in other thread. Movements not inside of a sequence will stop every time you hit an Override button

Return to “FreeStyler Software”