These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Noob support needed please Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
TechHeadSteve
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Noob support needed please

Post by TechHeadSteve »

Hi to anyone who reads this.

Slowly getting to grips with this, few questions if I may.

I have 8 LED Par cans & 3 effect lights all entered into freestyler.
I'm using a USB DMX interface, UDMX

I can control the Par cans via freestyler as in select a colour, begun to set up a few scenes but I can't get blackout toggle to work, nor freeze. The lights just carry on what there doing when the button is pressed, the blackout toggle does appear on the screen though.

The Master Intensity box doesn't do anything?

The Fast Cue Switcher. I've made some scenes up, have them in the fast cue switcher. Now on a fresh open of freestyler they will do what their meant to but after fiddling with the program, doing stuff when I switch to the FCS they don't give the expected light patterns.

But a close & re-open of FS sorts the problem.

I like this software & want to get to know it properly but can't keep closing & re-opening.

Any ideas appreciated.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Noob support needed please

Post by Partyman »

You will not be able to use blackout if the fixture does not have an intensity channel and a lamp channel I believe. If you using them in 3 ch mobe (RGB only) then blackout will not work. If your fixtures do not have an extended dmx mode then you will not be able to use blackout.
Any changes you make within the software after running a cue will hold effect until released. Basically if you see the blue triangle at the top of your screen then you have something running. Clicking blue triangle should release and allow all to function as programmed.
When programming if you leave any channel red (off) then effects will rollover from previous sequence. The software does not do anything you not tell it to do. If you turn a light on you also have to turn it off, it does not reset anything without you telling it to. If the light was blue in the previous sequence and in the new Green sequence you do not tell blue to turn off then you will get aqua.
buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: Noob support needed please

Post by buttza »

This is where a virtual master Intensity for each RGB light would be awesome. :)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”