These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Move LED bar sections without setting the color

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
mhermann
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Move LED bar sections without setting the color

Post by mhermann »

Hi all

I have 2 new LED bars which have 6 sections. I'm searching for a solution to have for example only one of the sections "active" at the moment and the other 5 are turned off. The active section should move along the LED bar. But the color must not change, because i want to have it controlled globally for all fixtures.

I tried so far to create a sequence for this, but once I've turned off a section I don't know how to restore the original color value.
The LedTrix and SunTrix plugins work fine, but as far as I've seen, it's not possible to use the Colors assigned by Freestyler but only the ones of the text/image.

Does anyone have a solution for this Problem?

Thanks
Martin

buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: Move LED bar sections without setting the color

Post by buttza »

Are the sections controlled via their own DMX channel allocation?

section 1 R,G,B = 1,2,3
Section 2 R,G,B = 4,5,6

etc etc

If not, then you won't be able to control individual sections. It might be MACRO controlled.
mhermann

Post by mhermann »

Thank you for your reply. Yes, each section is controllable with the 3 rgb channels.

I would need something like a sequence which sets the color (e.g. for red, channels 1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16) and another sequence to turn off 5 of the 6 sections (e.g. channel 1 to 15). But i guess this is not possible, because they're setting the same channels, right?
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

https://youtu.be/rEbcvl6FiXM?t=59s

Is this what you mean? You're trying to create the effect, where it moves along with the same colour?
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

Please post a link to the manual or upload the manual. It may be possible to do what you desire but I need to see the manual to be sure.
mhermann

Post by mhermann »

mhermann

Post by mhermann »

If I create a cue list with static colors it's no problem to move the sections. But i want to control the color globally (for several fixtures), in a separate sequence.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6

Post by Rod_Horning »

Unfortunately this fixture only has a master dimmer. To do what you want requires the RGB channels for each section (which the fixture has) AND a dimmer for each section (which it does not have).

As you correctly stated, setting up a sequence with 6 scenes with the sequence looping the scenes will move the sections - the color of each section controlled by the values of the RGB channels (setting all 3 channels to a DMX value of 0 should turn the section off).

What I do not see how to do is control the color in one sequence and the chase is another.
kabook_83
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Post by kabook_83 »

A "virtual master section" dimmer within the programme could solve the issue. At some point, with the increasing usage of multi-section lights and bars, this option should be addressed by the creators of Freestyler. As well as making function generator workable with such fixtures ;)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”