These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

UDMX and Refresh Rate Not Saving

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
genefellow
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

UDMX and Refresh Rate Not Saving

Post by genefellow »

Hello everyone, I need a bit of help. I was having issues with my UDMX usb to dmx by Lixada. I was able to fix the problem of flickering lights during fade by increasing the refresh rate to 100. This works well but when freestyler is rebooted it automatically defaults back to 50. Is there a way to force the program to save the setting?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Aevarex
FreeStyler Version: 3.4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: UDMX and Refresh Rate Not Saving

Post by Aevarex »

Same problem here. Can't get the refresh rate to save. I'm going to assume this is a bug as when in the setup window for this setting, after making a change to the refresh rate it says reboot required to take effect. Which is not the case, it seems to take effect right away. And upon roboot resets. This can not be right.
Time to check the bug section of the forum.
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

I have 3.6.45 on my computer. The refresh rate is maintained across restarts.

Did you click SAVE after you changed the refresh rate?
Aevarex

Post by Aevarex »

Yes I did use the save button.
I am runnung an older Ver. Of FS tho, 3.4.6. Suppose I should update, if I'm able to, as I am on Windows XP. Pretty old OS.
I'll go see what I can find about compatibility and if I'll loose my saved setup, fixtures and sequences.

Thank you for responding @Rod_Horning
Cheers
Aevarex

Post by Aevarex »

Well this sucks. No real info about what is/is not saved when upgrading. So I started the install process and during installation of the latest version there is a option to overwrite all fixture files. This led me to believe that if I left this unchecked that the fixture folder would remain as is. Wrong. The folder was replaced during the install and erased the fixtures I created. Guess it's my own fault for not making copies. But why have the option if it doesn't function correctly. Back to square one. Lost my fixture files, all my sequences, que lists and learned midi notes.
And to top it off my reason for the update was to correct the refresh rate not saving after changing it to the needed 100 fps. New version doesn't go to 100fps only 50, which wasnt working for me. Just screwed myself!! For nothing! Many many hours I'll never get back. Pure frustration right here. Rant over.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

Ugh, I surely understand your frustration.

Freestyler does provide a backup/restore function. It is accessed from the File menu. I have used it for prior versions but have not done so with 3.6.45.

Would you access The Bug Tracker and put a request in for a higher refresh rate?

Thank you.
Aevarex

Post by Aevarex »

I tried to access the bug tracker earlier today. I was supposed to receive an email to activate the account but never received it.
Rod_Horning

Post by Rod_Horning »

I think you are experiencing the "If I did not have bad luck I would have no luck at all" syndrome.

Hopefully one of the admins or moderators can help you.
Aevarex

Post by Aevarex »

Not that this probably matters for anyone else but after my above mentioned issue loosing my fixture files and all. I decided today to uninstall 3.6.45 and go back to 3.4.6 for now. Upon install I again unchecked the box to overwrite fixture files, as well as unchecking reset to default. After install finished I opened it up to discover my previous fixtures up on the page, scenes and que lists restored! Nice!
Weird thing is when I updated and lost my fixture files I went looking in the folder where they are stored and they were gone from there not just in the program. But reinstalling the older version somehow restored them??
Whatever, happy camper for now :)

Return to “FreeStyler Software”