These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

what is the best way to organize sequence and cue files? Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

what is the best way to organize sequence and cue files?

Post by perrip »

Hey so sorry for another probably obvious question, but what is the best way to organize your sequence and cue files, for having multiple location files ( I have some setups that use totally different fixtures)? Since Freestyler default puts them all in the same place. And as part of this question, can you after the fact put your sequence and cue files in newly created folders, or is Freestyler always working off where the file was first saved to when you made it? Like if you put your sequences in a new folder will you cues not work?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: what is the best way to organize sequence and cue files?

Post by Partyman »

You can reuse sequences as long as addresses are the same. You can also move sequences but beware if they are part of a cuelist or saved location. I create a Location folder then a folder for each fixture type inside of that. You can also save and open various location files with different setups
perrip
Commited FS Forum helper
FreeStyler Version: 4.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: what is the best way to organize sequence and cue files?

Post by perrip »

Hey Thanks so much, I should have started out doing that, but not a big deal, I just will going forward, Thanks for your help!

Return to “FreeStyler Software”