These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Cannot insert sequence into cue...

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
RobbieC
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Cannot insert sequence into cue...

Post by RobbieC »

Hi there, I have made several sequences - they are only basic as I only have 2 LED Par Cans, but I have various colour patterns and they all work well.

I don't know where to go from here. I am the drummer in a band and I want to be able to easily switch between sequences or to have them automatically cycle through ALL the various sequences.

I have tried adding the sequences to the CUE window, but it will not let me do this... When I click on 'insert sequence', it just opens it up in the editor which then goes into 'OFFLINE MODE'

Where am I going wrong?

Is there a better way to display my sequences which I can just easily select them whilst we are doing a gig? I'm running a laptop next to me whilst we play...

If you can point me in the right direction I'd be really happy

Thanks

T0NIT0 RMX
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Cannot insert sequence into cue...

Post by T0NIT0 RMX »

Hi !

If you have less than 20 sequences then the best thing to do is to put all your sequences in the cuelist and then asign a shortcut to every sequences, like press "numpad1" load sequence 1, "numpad2" load seq 2 and so on !

So then you will just have to hit the shortcut you set to lauch the sequence.
Automatic cycling between sequence is not possible afaik, but you can randomize step sequences if you want (just check the option, the wiki explains it)

You don't need to use cuelist buttons, but if you want to use them, just right click on one of them, that will make a window appear, with 20 sequences slots, put your sequence in it and save as the name of your choice, then when you it the cuelist button it will load the sequence (you can add shortcuts for it also).

But really, if you just have singles sequences the easiest way is just to use the cuelist !

Let me know if that works !

Return to “FreeStyler Software”