These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Guidance needed!!! Hope I'm not alone Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
zakkwillow
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Guidance needed!!! Hope I'm not alone

Post by zakkwillow »

I'm having some issues, I just upgraded to the latest release and now I'm running into errors with the cue list buttons. I didnt have any problems with them before I upgraded.

Freestyler Version: 3.6.43
I'm running Windows 10 on a touch screen laptop
Have an Akai APC40 (the OG one) that I've mapped to playback buttons and faders
I was previously using the cue buttons to stack attributes. e.g. buttons for color only, buttons for effects only, buttons for position/movement only
Everything was working correctly before the upgrade, now when I select buttons on the cuelist I get a 'Subscript out of range' error.

I either need to downgrade or find a fix... I love using Freestyler, but this problem is seriously frustrating. I've been fighting with it for weeks and no luck. It's very possible that I'm just doing something wrong.

Anyhow, if I can't find a fix, then I would like to roll back to 3.6.37 but I can't find a copy anywhere.

Also, anyone else having trouble reporting bugs?

zakkwillow
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Guidance needed!!! Hope I'm not alone

Post by zakkwillow »

Also, this only happens when I have "multiple cue lists" selected from the drop down menu
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

A file was either renamed or deleted. You need to determine which sequence in each cuelist if causing the problem. You can then fix the issue by editing that sequence
T0NIT0 RMX
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by T0NIT0 RMX »

zakkwillow wrote: August 19th, 2017, 6:26 pm I'm having some issues, I just upgraded to the latest release and now I'm running into errors with the cue list buttons. I didnt have any problems with them before I upgraded.

Freestyler Version: 3.6.43
I'm running Windows 10 on a touch screen laptop
Have an Akai APC40 (the OG one) that I've mapped to playback buttons and faders
I was previously using the cue buttons to stack attributes. e.g. buttons for color only, buttons for effects only, buttons for position/movement only
Everything was working correctly before the upgrade, now when I select buttons on the cuelist I get a 'Subscript out of range' error.

I either need to downgrade or find a fix... I love using Freestyler, but this problem is seriously frustrating. I've been fighting with it for weeks and no luck. It's very possible that I'm just doing something wrong.

Anyhow, if I can't find a fix, then I would like to roll back to 3.6.37 but I can't find a copy anywhere.

Also, anyone else having trouble reporting bugs?
Hello,

I'm in the same boat... It happened after I right clicked on the cuelist button to edit some options (sounds detection and fade)
"Subscript out of range" and when I tried to edit the cuelist button again, sound detection is still disabled...
I don't know if that problem is linked but I assume there is a problem with the sound detection setting not saving.

Maybe I should open a topic too ?

Thanks in advance,
Bobby D
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.2
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by Bobby D »

The last time I used Freestyler was October 2017 and there was no "subscript out of range" problem. So, I hooked up a couple of lights last week and had this message popping up on every cue button.

So today I tried using a different fixture and still had the message pop up. And when this message pops up, the fixtures aren't getting the proper DMX instructions, or none at all. I also tried using earlier saved backups and the problem persisted.

This made me think there might be a conflict with windows 7 updates, so I connected to an older laptop that has a slightly older version of freestyler and fewer windows 7 updates. Everything is working fine on the older laptop with no "subscript" popups.

Anyone else?
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Maybe there is a problem between how the sequences were written originally to how they work now. I have had the subscript out of range problem but only when a fixture was no longer in the software but still in the sequences.
I have the software (3.6.47) setup on about 10 different computers (most using APC40 for control) all on windows 10 and all using cuelists and overrides with no issues at all. Almost all computers were previously on windows 7. They are all upgraded to version 3.6.47 and all intel processors. I have not tried the latest version on anything but windows 10 machines. I do not use outdated software, windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft which means it is no longer use able for me. If you choose to run outdated software then be prepared for the problems that come with it.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”