These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

dmxsoft option not working bug tracker not working

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
masterfeedback
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

dmxsoft option not working bug tracker not working

Post by masterfeedback »

Hi I am trying to use the dmxsoft interface and I get cant find lsharddevkit.dll !

a google comes up with nothing

It locks me out of the program as the next time I open the program I get the "could not open midi out rc=2" error (no idea why i get that but got that before when I was using a udmx plug in adapter) it appears over the cant find lsharddevkit.dll warning but i cant close the rc=2 slash nothing works their is no way of killing the" couldnt open midi out rc=2" error warning that is over the cant find lsharddevkit.dll warning

I have to control alt del task manager kill freesyler to get rid of the " couldnt open midi out rc=2" error then I can click the ok on the cant find lsharddevkit.dll at that point the program closes

I have the sushi-ds dongle

wires
I Use FreeStyler for: Where do I start?

Re: dmxsoft option not working bug tracker not working

Post by wires »

Like you I get the message "can't find LsHardDevKit.dll" when trying to use my Sushi-DS (DMXsoft i/f)

The file LsHardDevKit.dll is present in the c:\freestyler\ folder along with the main freestyler executable. I don't know why it cannot find it :-{

More to follow if I find a solution. Will try copying it to windows or system32 folders tomorrow
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

From the info on the web it looks like there is software to download. Is the dll part of the down loaded software?
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Post by Rod_Horning »

wires: try copying to sysWOW64
masterfeedback

Post by masterfeedback »

well I copied the file to the sysWOW64 folder and it has got rid of the error but the sushi-ds is still not recognised I was told by Dmxsoft that it should be the dmxsoft option but click save shut down then restart and its back to no interface found :C (and when you click save the fixture dose'nt go into black out
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

You should be able to hit enter to clear the first error, once inside the program go into midi settings and select "No output" for device 2 input and output. That will get rid of the midi error.
masterfeedback

Post by masterfeedback »

Clearly their is a breach of contract between the lead developer of freestyler and dmxsoft/daslight as this software dose not work with the dongle and the developer/ developers don't seem to care shame as this will kill freestyler in a court case .... ;'(
kaczor_ks

Post by kaczor_ks »

For the SUSHI-DS interface to work with FreeStyler, a C ++ redistributable package is needed. I do not know exactly which version, that's why I installed a few and it started working.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”