These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Just want to check I'm not being stupid... Topic is solved

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
alanjdrury
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 38
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Just want to check I'm not being stupid...

Post by alanjdrury »

Got the latest version of Freestyler which has been running fine here on a Win 10 PC for quite some time and just the other day Windows decided to install an update, I think it might have been the new Creators Edition thing. Anyway, since then some of the windows in FS won't display, whether I toggle them from the buttons or the menus, specifically the over-ride button panel and the basic cue list. The submasters and the sound-to-light windows do appear however. When I try to display the windows the Freestyler icon in the bottom bar sort of changes in grey-ness but the windows don't appear. I've tried minimising FS in case they were behind it or something but they just aren't there. FS is the only thing running on this machine by the way. I just wondered if anybody else has FS running ok with the new latest Win 10 in case it's something silly I've done (even though I didn't do anything) before I report it as a bug. Are there any other useful diagnostics/info I should gather before I do so? Thanks.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Just want to check I'm not being stupid...

Post by Partyman »

Go into "setup" "preference" "extra options" and select to reset all windows
alanjdrury
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 38
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Re: Just want to check I'm not being stupid...

Post by alanjdrury »

Sorry to bump an old thread but just wanted to say Partyman's fix worked. I assumed it was just "one of those things" but then the same thing happened again several weeks later for no apparent reason. This time the "reset all windows" trick didn't seem to work, so I restarted FS and it came up without all my cues! Reloaded the location and they all came back, but still half the windows wouldn't open. Tried the "reset all windows" fix a second time and this time it worked perfectly. All totally inexplicable. Anybody else seen anything similar or does Windows 10 hate only me?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”