These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

2nd DMX universe with uDMX

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Scene Club
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

2nd DMX universe with uDMX

Post by Scene Club »

Hi,
i used an uDMX controller for freestyler so far. To use a second dmx universe i bought
the same controller again. Unfortunately when i try to chose the uDMX controller in
freestyler setup i get a message "interface already used"... So i want to use
the first uDMX controller for 1st universe and the second controller for 2nd universe, but
it does not work. Can someone help me with that?

buttza
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show
Twitter: twitter.com/@buttza

Re: 2nd DMX universe with uDMX

Post by buttza »

You need to check the COM Ports on each device universe. You might have them set the same.
Nathanrs93
FreeStyler Version: None
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Nathanrs93 »

buttza wrote: July 10th, 2017, 3:48 am You need to check the COM Ports on each device universe. You might have them set the same.
Yeah, what buttza said. Each USB port will be on a different COM port, can't have two of the same.
Twdtwd
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Church

Post by Twdtwd »

Personally, I didn't have any luck at all getting Freestyler to work with two uDMX dongles while using the "uDMX" option.

I did manage to get two universes working using ArtNet though. I have two instances of uDMX ArtNet running in the background and Freestyler is broadcasting to them. This thread provides most of the details, but instead of using the serial name to select the device, use "-n 1" and "-n 2" instead, that selects it based on the com port order. As long as you plug them into the same ports each time you will be fine.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”