These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Slow pattern not working when played as a cue

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
petek
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Slow pattern not working when played as a cue

Post by petek »

Hi everyone.

I have an issue with a pattern. I made some pattern in the pan/tilt window of my moving heads and put it on 10 for a very slow speed. Reason is I want to use it at the beginning of the evening. Everything looks ok, but when i save it, and run it as a cue it is not moving at all, just staying static. If i turn speed for that cue from 100 to 103, it suddenly starts moving but alot faster than it should.
I have checked the output window and indeed, at speed 100, no pan/tilt values are changed. It's driving me nuts :shock:

Anyone have any idea ? Or how do you create slow scanning cues for the start of an evening ?

Thanks upfront !

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Slow pattern not working when played as a cue

Post by Partyman »

Can you post your fixture file?
petek

Post by petek »

Whops, don't know why, but i missed your reply partyman.
Here you go. Hope you can help me out.

https://we.tl/DibQ2mXY6n

thanks upfront !
studijo
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Re: RE: Slow pattern not working when played as a cue

Post by studijo »

petek wrote:Hi everyone.

I have an issue with a pattern. I made some pattern in the pan/tilt window of my moving heads and put it on 10 for a very slow speed. Reason is I want to use it at the beginning of the evening. Everything looks ok, but when i save it, and run it as a cue it is not moving at all, just staying static. If i turn speed for that cue from 100 to 103, it suddenly starts moving but alot faster than it should.
I have checked the output window and indeed, at speed 100, no pan/tilt values are changed. It's driving me nuts :shock:

Anyone have any idea ? Or how do you create slow scanning cues for the start of an evening ?

Thanks upfront !
Petek, what happens if you run your created pattern in a sequence? Does the output window values for pan and tilt change?
Freestyler 3.5.9 on Windows 8.1 with DMX4All USB interface.
BCF2000 with firmware 1.10
Fixture setup: 4 x PAR64 controlled by Dimmpack, 2 x Eurolite TSL-200 scanners, 1 x Ayra TDC-33, 1 x Geni FL-1800D strobo, 1 x Antari Z-1500 fog machine
petek

Post by petek »

Hi,

No they don't ... which is weird...

Thanks!
studijo
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.9

Post by studijo »

Indeed, so if you use a default pattern like circle, it works but with your 'figure' it doesn't. Try to change the figure from your own to for example the circle...
How was your figure created? I always use an existing figure, modify it and save it as another name. This procedure works for me.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Freestyler 3.5.9 on Windows 8.1 with DMX4All USB interface.
BCF2000 with firmware 1.10
Fixture setup: 4 x PAR64 controlled by Dimmpack, 2 x Eurolite TSL-200 scanners, 1 x Ayra TDC-33, 1 x Geni FL-1800D strobo, 1 x Antari Z-1500 fog machine
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Have you tried adjusting channel 5 on your fixture you may be trying to move slower than the fixture is capable of or is set for

Return to “FreeStyler Software”