These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

newbie questions Chauvet LED Shadow

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
spydox
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

newbie questions Chauvet LED Shadow

Post by spydox »

Hello I'm a newbie. I managed to get the latest version installed. Got the W10 drivers loaded from another site for the udmx and that has no ! anymore in device manager.

I want to control several Chauvet LED Shadows. To my chagrin, despite a long list of lights, this wasn't there under Chauvet. Bad start- the ONE light I own isn't listed! :?

I chose what appeared to be the closest- Chauvet UV shadow. I have a feeling that product may be analog, but I'm not sure. The icon sort of looks like mine though.

I seem to have a little bit of control but not much.

The LEDTrix and Suntrix seem to have no control. I tried all sorts of settings- nothing works.

The MUSIC macro takes them from black, to a walking line pattern but it's not sensitive to sound. The window shows the sound levels going up and down but, lights don't react. I added several pattern-macros like spirals but they don't seem to work with the LED shadows.

The LAMP window does the most- it will DIM from full to off, and the lightning-bolt control speeds up or slows down the walking pattern.

Can someone get me started with sending patterns to the LED shadows, one at a time (one on chan 1, one on 4 right now)? Like spirals, dim-to-bright, etc.

I've done a lot of reading , watched Youtube tutorials, etc. But there seems to be little to nothing about the LED SHADOW control.

Any other advice is most appreciated.

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: newbie questions Chauvet LED Shadow

Post by Partyman »

You need to get your user manual out and build a proper fixture file using "Fixture Creator". Using a different profile than the one setup for your light will bring nothing but headache and a lot of guessing
You can make things quicker by opening the Fixture file that you are currently trying to use, make adjustments then save as YOUR fixture.
spydox
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.4

Post by spydox »

Thank-You partyman, I wasn't aware I had that ability I'll give it a go!

:fs:
Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Jan_K
Pro Supporter! (Moderator)
FreeStyler Version: Beta
I Use FreeStyler for: To help others here on the Forum!

Post by Jan_K »

Return to “FreeStyler Software”