These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Need advice for DJ to control lights

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
digphish
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Need advice for DJ to control lights

Post by digphish »

I am a DJ and I run my own lights and I am having difficulty converting from using a dmx controller to freestyler. I have read the whole wiki site multiple times, watched every video,etc. I am just really overwhelmed by the fact that I don't know what is the best way for me to run my lights.

I have 2 par lights, a light bar, 4 moving heads and a laser.

My question is, do I need to create sequences for each attribute and then put them into submasters and then create cues from that?

Or do I simply create a bunch of cues and skip the submasters programming?

Any and all advice is appreciated.

BillsGate
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 4.x

Re: Need advice for DJ to control lights

Post by BillsGate »

All answers are correct :)

It mostly depends on how you want to use Freestyler. Do you want most playback functions to be automated? Or do you want more manual control over your lightshow?

In the first case, I'd reccomend to use the cue window. For more control, use the submaster window.
digphish
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3

Re: Need advice for DJ to control lights

Post by digphish »

That's what I was thinking too. I'd rather them be automated. so then I could just set up "scenes" and program them as cues?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”