These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Override buttons

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
UR12
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.5.7
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Override buttons

Post by UR12 »

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm trying to figure out how I can set up some override buttons or open to anyway to create a temporary spot on a performer. I have set up scenes and sequences for my show and they work great. What I have is a front truss with 8pars and while I'm in the middle of one scene or sequence, I would like to be able to press a button to put a white light on a performer, like when a guitar player does his lead break, I want to momentarily highlight him with a white light and when he is done, release a button and the light goes back to its normal color controlled by the sequence or scene. I have tried to setup a scene for just one white light and put that on a button but it doesn't seem to work the way I have described. The only solution I have come up with is to add extra fixtures that aren't part of a scene to add to the buttons. I am also thinking of adding a 2nd universe to control the extra lights, if I have to end up adding them. I would appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thanks!

BillsGate
Possibly Becoming Qualified FS User
FreeStyler Version: 4.x
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Re: Override buttons

Post by BillsGate »

By creating a sequence with just one scene, having the performer spot dimmer full open (flash mode, not fade mode), and adding that sequence to an override button, the spot should turn on when that button is pressed.

How are you running your overall light show? Submasters? Cue window?
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

oops double
Last edited by Partyman on May 3rd, 2017, 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

i do this often.
Setup a button for every front light that I have. I create a 1 step sequence where the light I want is on full and all other front lights are turned off. I then add this to an override button and set that button to flash mode. Now when I hit that button only the 1 light comes on all other front lights get turned off. When I release the button all returns to previous state. I make a button for each front light.
Make make sure that in the Freestyler preferences under "extra options" you have cue "go to previous value" enabled

Return to “FreeStyler Software”