These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Chase problems

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
simmarn
Knows how to turn Lights ON
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Chase problems

Post by simmarn »

Hey! Im running freestyler with a uDMX adapter. After I updated the software to the newest version, I got problems with my chases. I use lots of Par cans to do chase patterns with. I use the intensity channel to turn them on and off in a pattern and program this to a submaster, Later I use the submasters to make a cuelistbutton. It works fine when I'm programming the chases to a cuelist but when I'm trying to use it in playback as a cuelist button, it won't work as it should.
say for example I have 10 par cans and make a chase with the intensity from the left to the right. When I turn it on, it starts flashing in a sequence as it should but when I turn it off, the last par can that was light up continues being on (full intensity) and when I try to run the chase again, That light will always be on and after a few stops and play, all light will be on with full intensity and the chase doesnt do anything at all.
anyone having a similar problem? It worked fine with the older version of freestyler.

Best regards
Johan
Sweden

petergesell
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Just for the Fun of it.

Re: Chase problems

Post by petergesell »

Hello
I had similar problems, and still do. With all versions, and with simple sequences. There should be an option to turn values on cero when a sequence is turned off. However, if the speed of the mentioned sequence is high enough, then , mostly it finishes turned off. You may also try incresing, decreasing actually, the refresh rate in Setup- freestyler setup- interface setup- output refresh rate, and setting the value to a lower number. I had set it to 20, because a new spider fixture with 42 channels, did not respond well, and now, it does Best regards

Return to “FreeStyler Software”