These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Touchscreen-friendly submaster

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
basvanoorschot
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Touchscreen-friendly submaster

Post by basvanoorschot »

Hey!

I have been using freestyler for the past 3 to 4 years now. However, this is the first time I am actively using this forum.

My current use of Freestyler is kind of an odd one, so I have realised. Since I am an mobile DJ, it is convienent for me to have complete shows at the touch of a button, so no combining of different sequences. In order to do this, I have made sequences wich include every aspect for my entire setup. (I know this is not the correct way to do this, but at the time I started programming, I didn't knew any other way. I just figured out that this can also be done by means of submasters... :shock: ) In the sequence creator. I have placed these shows in three different cuelists and named them slow, middle and fast. In this way, I can switch between different (kind of) shows with just one click of a (touchscreen) button.

I am currently trying to improve my lightningshow to a more proffesional level. One of the parts of this improvement is making my lightshow a little bit more dynamic and original. With my current kind of programming, I can only use about 60 different preprogrammed lightshows, which is kind of holding me back. To make my lightshow a little bit more dynamic, I want to start using submasters, like most people do. I want to devide the dimmers, colour, movements, etc. of my entire setup in the submasters. After a bit of puzzling, I found a way to do this, but there is still one part that is buzzing me. When I am using the submasters with my touchscreen or my controller/keyboard, I can only switch between different cue's by means of the Go/Back buttons. This takes up quite a lot of time and we all no that time is limitless when running lights. A solution to this would be to set up all of my colours/dimmers/prisms/etc. as overide buttons and my movements as cues. In this way I can switch very fast between different options, but I lose the 'Run All' feature, since these kind of buttons start immediately. (I don't think 'Run All' is an actual FS feature, but it is easily programmable by means of keyboard/midi shortcuts.) I would realy like to keep this feature, since it can come in handy when you want to suddenly change your entire show (for climaxes or drops for example). Note that in my current way of programming all of my lightshow aspects always change suddenly, unless fading is enabled ofcourse.

So, I am searching for a feature/button section that enables me to quickly select a different sequence in the submaster, especially in the touchscreen mode and in combination with shortcuts. Furthermore, I want to keep the 'Run All' function. Is there such a function? If not, it might be something for further updates.

Thanks in advance,
Bas

Return to “FreeStyler Software”