These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Creating Cues, Sequences or what???

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
jtoney7852
Knows how to turn Lights ON

Creating Cues, Sequences or what???

Post by jtoney7852 »

Please help me with the correct terminology and how to adequately do this project.

I have several LED Par lights that I am using for an event. Some of the lights are for a catwalk while others are on truss. I'm going to control the truss separate from the catwalk. What I would like to do is make is so that I can have a variety of chases going and simply press something that will change the color. I know this is something to do with a transparent cue or step but I don't know how to correctly program this in the software. Additionally, I'm going to have my truss lights strobe and I want to have an option to select a different color during the show instead of trying to program that on the fly as well.

Please and thanks!

Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Creating Cues, Sequences or what???

Post by Rod_Horning »

Yes, you need to use Transparent Mode (a setting in the sequence editor)

The chases need the intensity channel set to Fade. To do this use the standard sliders in the upper right hand corner (they appear after you select the fixtures) and click on the small button on the right hand side of the slider until it is green

Do not include the color channels in your chase sequence. To do this use the standard sliders and click on the small button for each channel until it is a red circle with a dash.

Save the sequence

Create a new sequence. In this new sequence do not include the intensity channel of the selected fixtures. Include the color channels, clicking on the small button until it is a yellow lightning bolt (this means the channel is set to SNAP). Set the color channels to the desired values and save the sequence.

Create a new sequence for each color you desire and save it.

Once you have created all your sequences open the CUE window and insert the sequences.

The chase sequence should be set to loop. This is set by the icons in about the middle of the cue window. A sequence is set to loop if the icon is 2 curved green arrows.

The color selection sequences should be set to a red arrow (the sequence runs once and stops)

Click on the gear icon at the top left of the cue list. Make sure that Cue Multiselect is enabled.

Click on the blue triangle (on the left side of the cue window) for each chase you want running

To change the color of the chase click on the blue triangle of for the color you want to use in the chase.

Hope this helps
Rod_Horning
FreeStyler Version: 4.1.6
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Creating Cues, Sequences or what???

Post by Rod_Horning »

You may want to consider inserting the color selection sequences into the Programmable Override Buttons instead of in the Cue List. You may find this a bit easier to use.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”