These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sequence/Cue problem

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Dobly
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Sequence/Cue problem

Post by Dobly »

Hi

I am very new to Freestyler so go easy on me. :)

I am running Freestyler 3.6.37 that I downloaded just yesterday.

My interface is a uDMX dongle plugged into a Donnar wireless transmitter.

My laptop is running Windows 10 64bit.

All my lights are loaded in Freestyler and I can control them manually. The system is working.

The problem is this.

First I open up the Sequence creator. I then set the lights to a scene I need. Then I hit the little + button, and finally I hit the save As button. I give it a name and tick the add button and add to Cue checkboxs and save it.

Next I go to the cue and hit the play button on the left. I does not work.

I go back and make another sequence with just one scene. And again after adding to the cue it does not play either. ie: Neither sequence will play.

Now get this.

If I make an other sequences, but this this time hit the + button TWICE, there by adding 2 identical scenes, this sequence DOES play in the Cue window.

Is it some undocumented rule of Freestyler that a sequence must have more than one scene in it?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Sequence/Cue problem

Post by Partyman »

I make 1 scene sequences daily. Please make sure that once the sequence creator is open that you select fixture then make sure the little box to the right of the sliders is yellow, or green if you intend to fade.
Dobly
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: Stage Show

Re: Sequence/Cue problem

Post by Dobly »

Ok, this is what you call a PICNIC.. (Problem in Chair, Not in Computer)

I was setting the lights up the lights the way I wanted for the scene, THEN opening the sequence window to hit the + button.

Seems the sequence window needs to be open when you set your lights. That would explain why hitting the + button twice worked. The first pressing did nothing as the lights had been set before I opened the sequence window so nothing got registered. Then hitting a 2nd time registered the lights.

Something like that anyway. Thanks for the tip Partyman. I only noticed the yellow lightening bolt on the right sliders when the sequence window is open.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”