These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Sequence Fade Times being ignored

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
TeaTech
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Sequence Fade Times being ignored

Post by TeaTech »

I have used the software successfully on more than a few occasions by now, using both LED PARs and conventional dimmers.

I am currently using it for a very simple show with Go Monkey, with twenty conventional dimmers. I have written single step sequences for all of the looks I wish to use. Every channel in every sequence is set to static. Every single "cue" in Go Monkey is a halt, so there aren't other factors influencing the performance of any sequence.

I have specified fade times in each of the twenty four sequences I have written, and about half of them are doing precisely what I want them to do when called, but for some reason that I am unable to figure out, levels change instantaneously in the other sequences, even though there is a timer icon in the sequence editor that indicates the proper duration of the step. This behavior is observed both in the sequence editor, and when the editor is closed, when the sequence is called in Go Monkey.

I am hoping someone can help me, as I am needing to get this resolved asap!

Thanks!

TeaTech
Knows how to turn Lights ON
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Theater

Re: Sequence Fade Times being ignored

Post by TeaTech »

I think I may have figured this out. On the fader that comes up when you select a fixture, at the far right there is a small box, that changes from a lightning bolt to a different symbol I haven't figured out yet, and then to a seeming "fade" indication. I somehow have managed to miss this in my search of the manual. Setting it to the fade indication makes the fader do what I want it to! Now I need to revisit each of the sequences I have written. Well, that is what tech week is for, I guess. If it doesn't work this evening, I will comment further.

Return to “FreeStyler Software”