These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Pan/tilt resize

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
maros336
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
FreeStyler Version: 3.637
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Pan/tilt resize

Post by maros336 »

Hello,
I need to help with this function. I am using 4moving heads which movements (and colors,strobe etc) I control via submasters. Sometimes I need adjust movement limits for stage, but I cannot seem to make it work. Could you please help me? Thank you!
FS ver: latest

barrypearce
FreeStyler Version: 3.6.3
I Use FreeStyler for: Band

Re: Pan/tilt resize

Post by barrypearce »

I have just came across this very issue myself.

My solution is Presets.

What I am doing is creating tilt presets for the positions up the room that I use for my lighting rig and there are a few positions (16 in fact) which potentially require calibration to the venue as well.

I make them presets and save them out into their own directory. The presets are based on using a room configured as "average" for the sizes of venues I play - so even if not perfect it wont be a bad start.

Make up all your sequences (chases) based on these presets for the moving head fixtures. When you alter the preset it will alter all of the sequences using that preset.

I then make a backup of these presets.

Then before every gig I will copy the "default" ones I have over the top. Then when I get to the venue if I have no time Ill run with my average stuff. If I have time to calibrate the system Ill load up each of the presets in the sequence editor one by one and just check that the position is correct and tweak as needed.

I think this is what you are looking for - check it out using Magic visuals...then resize the stage/room and tweaks the presets - run your show and it should work. :)

Hope this helps!
barrypearce

Post by barrypearce »

I have just came across this very issue myself.

My solution is Presets.

What I am doing is creating tilt presets for the positions up the room that I use for my lighting rig and there are a few positions (16 in fact) which potentially require calibration to the venue as well.

I make them presets and save them out into their own directory. The presets are based on using a room configured as "average" for the sizes of venues I play - so even if not perfect it wont be a bad start.

Make up all your sequences (chases) based on these presets for the moving head fixtures. When you alter the preset it will alter all of the sequences using that preset.

I then make a backup of these presets.

Then before every gig I will copy the "default" ones I have over the top. Then when I get to the venue if I have no time Ill run with my average stuff. If I have time to calibrate the system Ill load up each of the presets in the sequence editor one by one and just check that the position is correct and tweak as needed.

I think this is what you are looking for - check it out using Magic visuals...then resize the stage/room and tweaks the presets - run your show and it should work. :)

Hope this helps!
barrypearce

Post by barrypearce »

:( Yeah. Not a solution. It doesnt work. Oh well...
villeric
Just started using FS
FreeStyler Version: 3
I Use FreeStyler for: Home Lighting Control
Twitter: twitter.com/
Instagram: villeric

Post by villeric »

I try to limit the movment of 4 on 6 of my moving light. Is there a way to do it?

Return to “FreeStyler Software”