These adverts are supporting the forum's costs and the products/services are not endorsed by the forum owners.
First have you tried?
Learn more about using FreeStyler at the FreeStyler WIKI HERE
Learn more about DMX in General at The DMX Wiki HERE

if all else fails and you need a fixture consider the fixture building service HERE

Using FreeStyler and LED strips over bowling pins. Need guidance!

Questions and discussions regarding FreeStyler Software.
Forum rules
Please do NOT post bugs here! If you spot a potential Bug please report it HERE first then you can chat about it with other users in the appropriate section.
Jakke
Just started using FS
I Use FreeStyler for: Nightclub Lighting

Using FreeStyler and LED strips over bowling pins. Need guidance!

Post by Jakke »

Hi! I got everything working perfectly, as the video below shows you.

However, I am not too into FreeStyler yet (tried getting my ADJ HyperGems working was a no-go..).

What I wonder if I can do, is make a button panel where I can enable or disable either my cue with sound activation, and a button that makes the lights white. Note, I am using 4 channel LED Decoders with RGBW strips, so the W-channel (channel 4) isn't controlled by the cue or anything else except if I go to color and turn it up myself.

Now, that is okay with me, I setup all the lighting myself, including all sequences.

But I am not the only one who works at the bowling alley, and I need to get people who know just enough to send an email to change from "Cosmic Bowling" mode to regular day-mode with white lights, all channels at 255.

Is that at all possible?

Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
Twitter: twitter.com/

Re: Using FreeStyler and LED strips over bowling pins. Need guidance!

Post by Partyman »

The easiest way would be to create startup values, every time you start freestyler a certain look comes on. You could also use the "Favorite" button and create a keyboard shortcut that activates/deactivates,
Thirdly you could use Override buttons or seuences and setup your F-keys to operate.
Jakke
Just started using FS

Post by Jakke »

The question I have to that, since I am not at work right now, is can I make this work when I got a four channel LED strip? Since the colors controlled seems to be only RGB, the W is left out of all controls by Freestyler in sequences.
Partyman
FS is my life
FreeStyler Version: 4.01
Twitter: twitter.com/

Post by Partyman »

Full RGB=W
Make your sequences the colors you want with as many steps as you want.
Jakke
Just started using FS

Post by Jakke »

No, full RGB isn't white, well, it is, but it isn't white enough! As I said, I got RGBW strips. So I got warm white LEDs every other LED, and RGB LEDs between those.

This is to ensure the white light is warm enough (RGB LEDs are way too cold white) and bright enough to use over the pin deck, as there are rules for league and tournament bowling.

I managed to fix it by setting the W channel as lamp with 0-100 range, and using that instead! :)
j_dunavin
Starting to get to grips with FreeStyler
I Use FreeStyler for: DJ

Post by j_dunavin »

specifically which led strips are you using?
Jakke
Just started using FS

Post by Jakke »

Some random DX.com stuff. Since this works okay, I plan on buying 24V-strips next time, and get new power supplies for 24V. My decoders can handle it, so it is only the supply and LED-strips themselves that are limiting me.

But I did manage to get it done when I upgraded to the newest version X.X.35 (can't remember the exact, but ends in 35). Don't know what was up.

But case closed, it works! :D

Return to “FreeStyler Software”